Remote Factory Acceptance Test
28th Apr 2020
Our customers are always welcome to witness the F.A.T. testing of their pump units. However, given the cost and time implications of getting here, we have a remote F.A.T. viewing capability.
- Removes the need for the customer to send a team to Worcester.
- Saves on the cost of flights and hotels.
- Removes travelling time.
- Employees do not have to be present for the duration of the testing.
- More employees can witness the test.
- Fixed and mobile cameras showing overviews and close-ups.
The remote inspection and testing is implemented via Microsoft Teams. A meeting is set up by the local test team and remote inspection or test team members are invited to join. The local video streams are provided by two mounted cameras and/or mobile video. This can then be shared by the dedicated test area computer to the rest of the team members. Videos can be set to scroll from one to another at a pre-set speed or can be changed at the request of any team member.
The local test engineer is able to use a mobile video device to send live video of the machine under inspection. Two-way communication allows the remote inspection team to guide the local test engineer around the machine. This will allow any specific areas of the machine to be viewed in close detail as required. This can also be recorded to allow further inspection to be completed after the live recording has ended.
Once a test is running, the mounted cameras can be used to view the overall test area or a more specific area of the machine. Prior to the test, the cameras can be positioned and the remote team can view the video stream and check that it covers what is required.
They can also be moved to new positions at different points of a test to make sure everything that would normally be witnessed locally can be done remotely.
The fixed camera is positioned to look at a specific area of the machine; in this example the discharge pressure gauge is the focal point of the camera.
The fixed camera is positioned to give a general view of the test area and the machine under test. The tripod can be moved to give different views of the area as required.
The camera video is streamed to the Microsoft Teams meeting. The remote team can direct the position of the cameras via feedback from the ongoing meeting.
Once a test is running, the mounted cameras can be used to view the overall test area or a more specific area of the machine. Prior to the test, the cameras can be positioned and the remote team can view the video stream and check that it covers what is required. They can also be moved to new positions at different points of a test to make sure everything that would normally be witnessed locally can be done remotely.
- Video case study – pump skid for existing platform
- Dry dock time reduced using high pressure water
- Civil engineering company finds a better way to clean formwork
- New Purchasing Manager
- Manufacturer to replace chemical cleaning with high pressure water
- We are forty – photo album
- New Operations Manager
- 150 offshore MultiJets manufactured
- Repeat order for Fast Fill Pressure Test Cabin
- David Abbatiello Retires
- Returning customer orders electric pump skid
- Calder is forty years old!
- Further success for our OffshoreLITE range
- Lee Watkins appointed Managing Director
- Rupert Knowles appointed Head of Engineering
- ATEX Zone 1 hot water jetting unit ready for despatch
- High Above the Streets of London
- Work starts on two hot water jetting units for ATEX Zone 1 operation.
- Order for Aquaculture high pressure pump units.
- The Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project.
- Calder to Build Pressure Equalisation Pump for BP Hod.
- NQA Recertification.
- Despatch of ATEX and NORSOK Waterjetting Pump and Vacuum Units.
- Remote Factory Acceptance Test
- We are delighted to welcome Nick Croad to the team.
- Covid 19 – We are still open and operating.
- Over 40 pumps purchased in ten years.
- Order for HPHT Wash Water Skid.
- Veolia orders high pressure pump unit for industrial cleaning applications.
- Returning customer orders a complete surface preparation system
- High pressure pump unit for subsea tool applications
- Malt Screen Wash Pump Despatched for the Brewing Industry
- Customer Adds to Their Fleet of Calder Pump Units
- Yet another order secured for our HPHT and base oil washdown packages.
- Ammlee Group blasts almost 70m³ of concrete from Belfast Harbour with Calder MultiJet
- Work starts on ATEX and NORSOK Waterjetting Pump and Vacuum Units
- Design starts on two MEG Injection packages for FPSO
- Work starts on five chemical injection packages
- One-size-fits-all TST kit
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Six Hydro Jetting Pump Units for Plant Maintenance Company in Middle East
- Two electrically powered, high pressure, pump units ready for GA Drilling
- Work Starts on Oxy Scavenger Injection Pump for Offshore, ATEX Zone 2 Environment
- GOST/RTN-compliant cuttings re-injection units.
- Washdown pump skids designed and manufactured in accordance with CSA and CRN requirements.
- Nuclear washdown skid
- Pressure equalisation pump unit for Valhall Flank West
- Shell take collection of a lightweight, compact, hydraulically driven, high pressure chemical injection package
- Large order for Johan Sverdrup highlights the benefits of the PG/Calder relationship
- Energy company orders a lightweight, compact, hydraulically driven, high pressure chemical injection package
- Hammelmann High Pressure Technology Symposium
- Lightweight units to suit the needs of the offshore industry
- A fleet of lightweight, compact air compressors for hazardous environment operation
- MEG Injection pump package with twin variable stroke pumps
- Work starts on MEG pump package for the Nova tie-back to Gjøa Project
- Final checks for this robust offshore unit
- Work Starts on Pump Unit for Subsea Coatings Removal
- More power for Middle East petrochemical customers
- BOP testing system en route to drillship
- Venetian Bridge, Clacton Selective concrete removal, paint removal, and concrete preparation
- Billy Campbell – New Industrial Sales Manager.
- Retirement for Julian – a new chapter begins.
- Downhole chemical injection unit for hydrate control during well start-up operations.
- SafeContractor approved for our food and automotive industry work.
- Major companies discover what hydrodem can achieve for them.
- A new MultiJet and “the largest concrete repair project …”
- Drillship BOP Test System
- High ambient temp. vacuum for FPSO waste recovery
- …making excellence a habit ™
- Variable Stroke Methanol Injection Skid
- Investors in People – Silver Award
- Outstanding Vendor Award
- Offshore Europe 2017
- New Recruit for Service Team
- Tier IV Waterjet Trailer Unit for Automotive Work
- A Visit to Downing Street
- Calder recognised in fourth edition of London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ report.
- Customer Very Happy with New External Tube Bundle Cleaner
- Waterjet Pump Units for Nuclear Decontamination
- Work Starts on a Compact, Twin, Variable Stroke Methanol Pump Skid
- Another successful exhibition in Busan
- 2 x HPHT Methanol Injection Packages Despatched to North Sea Customer
- MultiVac DNV 2.7-2 Compliant Vacuum Unit – Designed, Built, Tested, and Despatched
- New Calder Stage 4/Tier IV High Pressure Water Jetting Trailer Unit
- Lightweight Offshore Pump Package for Well Service Customer
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) Exhibition in Stavanger, Norway
- Verify certification with good scores
- New Markets for High Pressure Pumps – Aquaculture
- Offshore Arabia 2016
- Calder recognised as “Company to Inspire Britain” in annual LSEG report
- PG Flow Solutions Product Training
- Augean Purchase Onshore and Offshore Ultra-High Pressure Units
- Calder Launch BundlePro Range
- PG Flow Solutions and Calder join forces
- The Parliamentary Review – A Year In Perspective
- Offshore Europe 2015 exhibition – decommissioning talking point
- Zone II High Pressure Jetting Package with NORSOK Option Module
- Celebrating 30 Years of Service
- 1,800 kW Waste Injection Package
- Lightweight Compact Offshore Vacuum Package
- Self-contained Well Intervention Package en route to Aberdeen
- Calder Test Bay Extension
- UK Concrete Show, Birmingham, UK
- Four Air-driven Pneumatic Chemical Injection Packages for North Sea Platform
- 6 weeks to design, manufacture and test a chemical injection pump package
- Offshore Korea Exhibition
- Calder Delivers Containerised High Flow Zone II Jetting Unit
- Versatile Jetters for Offshore Well Abandonment
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) Exhibition in Stavanger, Norway
- NORSOK, DNV Compliant Well Service Pump Packages for Offshore Norway
- BSI Award
- Site Trailer High Pressure Jetting Unit
- Design Solution in a Tank
- Multi-purpose High Pressure Well Service Package
- Hazardous Area Pump Package for Unmanned Platform
- Hazardous Area High Temperature Washdown Unit
- Calder recognised as “Company to Inspire Britain” in new LSEG report
- A successful show and a purchase order to boot!
- Fisher Offshore
- Atex ZONE 1 Hot Wash
- Heli-portable well service units
- Sabre Jetting of Birmingham
- Progressive Technical Services back Calder’s MultiJet
- Veolia Environmental Services expand their Calder fleet
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) Energy Fair, Conference and Exhibition in Stavanger, Norway
- Hydro Demolition Units
- Methanol Injection Package for Norwegian Well Intervention Vessel
- UK Sector Offshore- Chemical Injection Packages
- Lord Jones of Birmingham opens new Calder manufacturing facility.
- Calder calls for school leavers to be better equipped for the world of work.