For high pressure applications, API 674 reciprocating plunger pumps are the cost-effective solution. API 674 units typically are lighter and, with their vertical plunger configuration, occupy a smaller footprint than equivalent API 675 double diaphragm pumps.
Typical offshore process applications for API 674 pump units include chemical injection, seawater and produced water injection, glycol circulation, scale squeeze, and MEG injection. These pumps are also used in many well service applications such as BOP test systems, subsea trenching, cuttings re-injection, pressure testing, mud pumping, fracturing, well kill, and well stimulation.
There are numerous pump performance options, with different plunger sizes, to suit all process applications. A pump that has been very popular over the last three years is the HDP 20V variable stroke plunger pump, with a larger model recently added, the HDP 70V. These pumps, which generally comply with both API 674 and API 675 requirements, allow a variable flow rate (0-100%) via electric, or manually adjustable stroke control, whilst the pump is on or off load, removing the need for a VSD. This provides the stroke/flow adjustment benefits of the more traditional double diaphragm pumps, but with the advantages of an equivalent API 674 plunger pump design with reduced weight and size. Find out more about the HDP 20V controlled volume injection pump.
If you require low flow/pressure chemical injection/dosing pump units, then visit our API 675 page.
You will see from the pictures to the right that we have significant experience in designing compact process pump units for vessels and platforms with restricted space or access.
- Electric, diesel, pneumatic, or hydraulic drive.
- Vertical pump configuration.
- Horizontal pump configuration.
- Variable flow pumps that do not require a VSD.
- Local or remote control.
- Data monitoring and logging.
- HPHT High Pressure High Temperature compatibility.
- Long-term preservation.
- Suction and discharge dampers or resonators to control pulsation.
- Packing seal oil system to reduce maintenance requirements.
- Separate power end lubrication for low speed efficiency.
- Pressure safety valve.
- Skid – lightweight.
- Crash frame – lightweight and with a greater level of protection during movements.
- Skid and hood – offers noise attenuation and protection from the environment.
- Container – gives greatest protection and noise attenuation options.