Nuclear Decommissioning and Cooling Pumps
We have supported the nuclear industry with the design and manufacture of nuclear decommissioning and cooling pumps for three decades. Our bespoke design and build experience has been well used to create reliable, efficient pumping solutions for very industry-specific applications.
Nuclear Decommissioning and Decontamination
We offer the very latest ergonomic lances for manual nuclear decontamination projects. However, our drive to design and supply more semi-automatic systems has proved popular as this removes the operator from the work area.
The high pressure water is supplied by one of our diesel or electric-driven units from our MultiJet range. Developed over the last thirty years, we design and build the MultiJet to offer outstanding safety and reliability. Featuring a pump from the Hammelmann range of reciprocating plunger pumps, our MultiJet units benefit from long service intervals.
Whether you need to remove contamination from process parts, large waste containers, or the walls of a cooling pond, we have the solution. Where waste wash water will be sent for processing, minimization of water usage is both environmentally and economically important. For that reason, one option is for variable speed drives to control the pumps to allow precise water delivery. We then route pressure and flow data on discharge lines to the control system. In summary, the pump unit will ensure optimum water delivery and accurate measurement to achieve minimal water usage.
Abrasive and Waterjet Cutting
Where there is a requirement to cut through steel without using heat or creating sparks, high pressure water is the ideal method. We offer accessories that remove the operator from the work area and, for this reason, the resulting safety of personnel is a large factor in the popularity of this method.
Auxiliary Cooling Pumps and Reactor Flood
A catastrophic, beyond design basis event can result in the loss of site power or the disablement of the nuclear reactor cooling pumps. With this in mind, we design and manufacture mobile, self-contained reactor cooling pump units and water flood pump units. These are diesel engine driven units, capable of operating almost anywhere on land. Once hooked up to a water supply, they provide a high flow of cooling water to the reactor. What’s more, they can be moved by fork truck, crane or off-road vehicle. The units use on-board controls and we can fit them with integral hose reels and racks of lay-flat hose.
Check out this case study detailing the design and build of lightweight, high pressure auxiliary cooling water pump packages. We designed these units specifically for Beyond Design Basis (BDB) events.
Tube, Pipe and Tank Cleaning
You will find operators using our range of manual and semi-automated cleaning systems in various industrial settings. From multi-lance tube bundle cleaning to non-man-entry tank cleaning systems, we offer the very latest in high pressure cleaning technology.
Nuclear Decommissioning and Cooling Pumps – Talk with our Team
This case study details the design criteria for high pressure auxiliary cooling water pump packages for EDF Energy.
More information on our products:
- Skid. The most compact, lightweight option. This option is, generally, the choice where the operator installs the unit in a semi-permanent, covered location. However, where cover is not available, the operator may want to consider the addition of an environmental enclosure.
- Skid with Enclosure. Protection from the environment. The enclosure allows for a number of options. For example, sound attenuation, internal heating, maintenance crane and more.
- Trailer. Site trailer and road-going trailer options.
- Crash frame. Whilst these units are relatively lightweight, they do, however, offer significant protection during site movements.
- Container. Offering the most protection from both onsite movements and the elements. It is, therefore, ideal for operators who want to store or operate the pump unit outdoors.
- Auxiliary reactor cooling.
- Reactor containment vessel flooding.
- Process part decontamination.
- Waste container decontamination.
- Cooling pond structure decontamination.
- Conveyor cleaning.