Net cleaning pump units
Aquaculture operators use our pump units on-board ships in net cleaning applications. We developed these pump units specifically for the aquaculture industry. They incorporate the proven, standard features of our MultiJet range, along with application-specific equipment and control technology. Our net cleaning pump units are portable, and are mounted on deck or below deck to suit specific operating requirements. In addition to net cleaning, these pump units are ideal for many other cleaning and maintenance duties.
Developed for the Aquaculture Industry
Although based on our trusted MultiJet range, these net cleaning pump units have undergone significant development. The units need to be capable of operating for sustained periods in harsh, marine environments. Reliability, long service intervals, and low overall cost of ownership were critical factors to slash the running costs incurred by their existing pump units. Given this, our starting point was to work closely with the end client to better understand their application, the environment and the operational challenges. The development incorporates several application-specific features which make these units perfect for the application.
Reliable Net Cleaning Pump Units
At the heart of the unit is a Hammelmann vertical reciprocating plunger pump. These pumps offer unrivalled reliability and operational time between scheduled maintenance, providing a low cost of ownership throughout the operational life of the unit. The pump is recognized worldwide for its reliability. In fact, we have incorporated these pumps into Calder packages for over three decades. The Hammelmann pump benefits from its unique high pressure sealing system, which significantly improves service life and uptime over traditional sealing technologies. The space-saving vertical design generates minimal vibration, and with direct drive from the power unit, the Hammelmann pump offers greatly reduced weight and maintenance requirements.
Check out this aquaculture pump unit case study.
Get in Touch
Whether you require a basic pump and motor skid, or a complete system with integral controls, please call to discuss our solutions in more detail on +44 1905 751790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Seawater lift pump – to deliver seawater directly from the sea to feed the high pressure pump.
- Suction filter – an easy-to-clean filter to protect the pump’s internal components, ensuring long life and enhanced reliability.
- Fuel tank – we build this fuel store into the base frame. The tank size enables uninterrupted operation for a minimum 8-hour shift.
- Handling – lifting eyes and forklift truck slots to give flexibility during lifting operations.
- Material selection/coating – to protect against the salt-rich environment. The components are manufactured from stainless steel, or coated with a high quality, marine specification paint system.
- Weather enclosure – a high quality construction to give maximum protection from the elements. Manufactured from stainless steel or carbon steel, the enclosure allows the external, recessed mounting of the main control panel.
- Doors allow access for routine checks, whilst removable panels provide easy maintenance access.
- Lockable doors – stainless steel lockable handles for both access and control panel doors.
- Noise attenuation – we often fit noise reducing material to the enclosure panels. As a result, we achieve a significant reduction in noise output.
Controls and Monitoring
We have our own electrical & instrumentation team.
- Adjustable pressure – simple manual pressure adjustment within predefined limits to suit the application/cleaning performance requirements.
- HMI control panel – robust touchscreen control displaying operating parameters and alarms, and allowing easy operation of the unit. There is a range of control options available – simple start/stop control, flow and pressure setting, system monitoring and shutdown/fault indication, performance monitoring, and data logging. And lastly, the control panel can be skid mounted, remote, or flush-mounted into an enclosure.
- System monitoring – suite of instrumentation to monitor system health and operation, and provide alarm and auto-shutdown functionality.