Where the jetting sled is the optimum means of trenching (generally clay, sand, silt, and some soft rocks), the Calder designed and built pump units offer the performance and reliability required by the application.
Our experience in the design and build of high pressure, high flow pump units is extensive. Not just for subsea trenching, but for a variety of applications in both safe and hazardous areas.
To accommodate the need to control trench depth and width, our pump units can be supplied with variable pressures and flow rates. Units can be designed for permanent installation on a vessel, or mounted in a crash frame or container for easy transportation between projects. All instrumentation and controls are designed in-house, giving us the flexibility to design the control philosophy around your specific application and area of operation.
- Skid and noise hood.
- Crash frame.
- Variable flows.
- Local or remote control.
- Data acquisition.
- Performance monitoring.
When using a container-mounted unit many options are available:
- Lockable, externally mounted control cabinet.
- Lockable, external connections manifold.
- Internal control room.
- Noise attenuation.
- Fire detection and automatic suppression.
- Manual activation controls for fire suppression.
- Gas detection.
- Visual and audio fire and gas alarms.
- Integral hose reel.
- Hose storage.
- Internal maintenance hoist.
- Internal lighting.
- On-board controls.
- Remote operation.
- System performance/health monitoring.
- Data acquisition and logging.
- Fault finding.
- Basic push-button control.
- Comprehensive HMI touchscreen control.