Our aquaculture units are for use on-board ships in net-cleaning applications. Developed for the aquaculture industry, they incorporate the proven, standard features of our MultiJet range, along with application-specific equipment and control technology. Our units are portable and can be on-deck or below-deck mounted to suit specific operating requirements. In addition to net cleaning, these pump units are ideal for many other cleaning and maintenance duties.
At the heart of the unit is a Hammelmann vertical reciprocating plunger pump which offers unrivalled reliability and operational time between scheduled maintenance, providing a low cost of ownership throughout the operational life of the unit. The pump is recognized worldwide for its reliability and has been incorporated into Calder pump packages for over three decades. The Hammelmann pump benefits from its unique high pressure sealing system which allows significantly improved service life and uptime over traditional sealing technologies. The space-saving vertical design generates minimal vibration, and with direct drive from the power unit, the Hammelmann pump offers greatly reduced weight and maintenance requirements.
Check out this case study detailing the design of a new net-cleaning pump unit.
Whether you require a basic pump and motor skid, or a complete system with integral controls, please call to discuss our solutions in more detail on +44 1905 751790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Seawater lift pump – to deliver seawater directly from the sea to feed the high pressure pump.
- Suction filter – an easy-to-clean filter to protect the pump’s internal components, ensuring long life and enhanced reliability.
- Fuel tank – this fuel store is built into the base frame and enables uninterrupted operation for a minimum 8-hour shift.
- Handling – lifting eyes and forklift truck slots to give flexibility during lifting operations.
- Material selection/coating – to protect against the salt-rich environment the components are manufactured from stainless steel, or coated with a high quality, marine specification paint system.
- Weather enclosure – a high quality construction to give maximum protection from the elements. Manufactured from stainless steel or carbon steel the enclosure allows the external, recessed mounting of the main control panel.
- Doors allow access for routine checks and maintenance, and the enclosure panels are removable.
- Lockable doors – stainless steel lockable handles for both access and control panel doors.
- Noise attenuation – the enclosure can be fitted with noise reducing material to provide a significant reduction in noise output.
- Adjustable pressure – simple manual pressure adjustment within predefined limits to suit the application/cleaning performance requirements.
- HMI control panel – robust touchscreen control displaying operating parameters and alarms, and allowing easy operation of the unit. There is a range of control options available – simple start/stop control, flow and pressure setting, system monitoring and shutdown/fault indication, performance monitoring, and data logging . The control panel can be skid mounted, remote, or flush-mounted into an enclosure.
- System monitoring – a suite of instrumentation to monitor system health and operation, and provide alarm and auto-shutdown functionality.