We have an opportunity for an organised and professional Design Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Income protection.
- Life assurance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Be responsible for the design, detailing and components specifications and support of the Project Team.
- Ensuring timely, safe and cost-effective Design for Manufacturing (DFM) for customer/international specifications.
- System design and technical calculations in support of project team.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) management in conjunction with procurement to ensure ‘on time delivery’ of key project components to scheduled project plan.
- Technical supplier liaison.
- Ensure adherence to the company Quality, H&S and Environmental Management systems.
- Apply company design standards.
- Liaison with design team, shop floor (DFM) and suppliers during project design.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements concerning the design and application of equipment used on each project in conjunction with other members of the design team.
- Preparation of design drawings and 3D models in accordance with design standards.
- Supporting procurement, preparation of purchase order technical specifications for Senior Design Engineer approval.
Desirable Skills, Competencies & Experience
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer (HNC or Degree).
- Experience of rotating machinery.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electro mechanical control systems.
- Experience of working in regulated industries.
- Experience of working on manufacturing projects which incorporate heavy equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with suppliers and customers.
- Technical knowledge of pumping systems and/or ‘package-build’ equipment using motors and diesel engines.
- A sound working knowledge of Solid Edge or similar 3D design software would be desirable, but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems including documentation.
- Experience of process industry and designing products for hazardous areas.
- Full, clean driving licence required.