In 2015 we set about designing a range of high pressure pumps, vacuum units, and air compressors to meet the needs of the offshore decommissioning sector. Our existing range of equipment had been proven over two decades in offshore fabric maintenance work and is highly regarded by the offshore service companies, many of whom are based in Aberdeen.
However, as many platforms undergoing decommissioning are subject to de-rated crane lift capacity and have little space for extra equipment on deck, we needed to create a range of lightweight, compact units which still give the same levels of performance and reliability as our existing range.
And so we introduced the OffshoreLITE range of high pressure pumps, vacuum units, and air compressors.
We offer units with a maximum weight of 4,500kg in DNV-certified containers or crash frames, and modular units with individual module weights of 1,500kg. Our hot water jetting units weigh in at under 1,000kg.
We have considerable experience designing and building pump packages for platforms with restricted deck space and access. The knowledge we have built up over many projects, in particular chemical injection and CRI waste injection units, was utilized in our OffshoreLITE unit design.
With self-contained diesel powered units, and electric units designed to operate from a standard 63 amp 3-phase socket, these lightweight and compact jetting, vacuum, and compressor packages offer real versatility to the offshore decommissioning sector. See full details of the OffshoreLITE range here.
- Less than 4,500 kg gross weight.
- Modular units less than 1,500 kg crane lift.
- Small footprint.
- DNV 2.7-1 compliant containers or crash frames.
- ATEX hazardous area rating.
- Lifting slings.
- Fork-truck slots.
- Control panel with external access.
- Lockable control panel.
- External fuel fill (diesel units).
- Inlet/Outlet manifold.
- Easy access for maintenance.
- Lockable access doors.
- Sound attenuation (option).
- Diesel units – up to 70 kW.
- Electric units – typically 37 kW.
- Electric units – designed to operate using a standard, 63 amp, 3-phase socket.
Example based on the MultiVac 120-810-D-Z2-CS – a diesel-powered unit mounted in a crash frame with a noise attenuation option:
- Diesel engine: 160 kW at 2,100 rpm.
- Exhaust gas cooler, spark arrestor.
- Vacuum blower rated: 810 mbar @ 20m³/min.
- Pneumatic control system and shutdowns.
- Vortex separator for solids removal.
- Solids tank capacity 1.7 m³.
- Waste tray capacity 1.0 m³.
- Hazardous area rating: Zone 2, ATEX 2014/34/EU Group II Cat 3G, Gas Group IIA Temp Class T3.
- Filter strainer 100 micron.
- Container & slings – DNV 2.7.1.
- Vacuum connection 100mm CamLock.
- Diesel driven air compressor 20 cfm.
- Noise attenuation optional to 78 dBA.
- Fuel tank capacity: 1 shift.
- Unit dimensions (approx.): 3353 x 2438 x 3195mm (h).
- Unit weight (approx.): 8,500 kg wet.
High Pressure Pumps
- Paint removal.
- Surface preparation.
- Cold cutting.
- Cleaning of tanks, decks, and superstructure.
- Pressure testing.
- Material/waste removal.
- Chemical, fuel, and liquid recovery from open/bunded areas.
- Transfer of waste from open top skips to closed skips.
- Bulk powder removal.
- High flow ventilation of hazardous atmospheres.
- Hydrocarbon heavy waste removal while atmospheric venting.
- Pigging support operations.
- Descaling support.
- Online/offline de-sanding operations.
- Power tool operation.
- Fire pump operation.
- Gas pressurisation.