Senior Design Engineer
This role has been filled.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. You will work at our Worcester factory in a small team and follow projects from start to finish.
- Full time, permanent.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Income protection.
- Life assurance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Be responsible for the design, detailing and components specifications and support of the Project Team.
- Ensuring timely, safe and cost-effective Design for Manufacturing (DFM) for customer/international specifications.
- System design & technical calculations in support of Project Manager.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) management in conjunction with procurement manager to ensure ‘on time delivery’ of key project components are delivered and are aligned with the Project Manager’s (PM) scheduled build plan.
- Technical supplier liaison.
- Client Liaison (in support of PM).
- System Design Requirements List (SDRL) management in conjunction with customer schedule.
- Ensure adherence to the company Quality, H&S and Environmental Management systems.
- Applying company design standards (Calder Design Standards and Project Management Procedures).
- Ensuring delivery of project milestones in accordance with PM’s schedule and task tracker.
- Specification of project related testing activities.
- Liaison with design team, shop floor (DFM) and suppliers during the project design stage.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements concerning the design and application of equipment used on each project.
- Approval of design drawings and 3D models in accordance with Calder Drawing Standards and release process.
- Supporting procurement by advising on purchase order technical specifications and approval of drawings and Technical Requirements (TR’s).
- Think ‘outside the box’ with the view of incorporating new emerging technologies into the Calder product range.
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer (HNC or Degree).
- Experience of rotating part machinery in power ranges from 30kw to 500kw.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electro mechanical control systems.
- Experience of offshore or similar demanding documentation regimes.
- Experience of working on manufacturing projects which incorporate heavy equipment.
- Confidence with IT packages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with suppliers and customers.
- Technical knowledge of pumping systems and/or ‘package-build’ equipment using motors and diesel engines.
- A sound working knowledge of Solid Edge or similar 3D design software is required.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems including documentation.
- Experience of certification documentation would be useful, but not essential.
- Experience of process industry and hazardous area working preferred.
- Full, clean driving licence required.
- Knowledge of API674 Positive Displacement pumps, PED/CE markings and ATEX requirements preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge of material standards for offshore applications desirable but not essential.