This role has been filled.
We have an opportunity for an organised and professional Mechanical Fitter to join our team on a permanent basis.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Income protection.
- Life assurance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Building of units in the workshop to drawings and specifications supplied including:
- Monitor progress of build against required delivery dates.
- Report on builds not up to progress and request assistance.
- Report component shortages.
- Continuously monitor part delivery and quality.
- Test equipment under the supervision of the Test & Workshop Manager and recording equipment data.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are maintained in a clean, complete, and safe condition.
- Perform installation, commissioning, and service duties as required, on or off-site.
- Attend training courses as required to maintain proper certification for duties.
- Be responsible for:
- Build logistics.
- Storage of large parts.
- Storage of consumables.
- Work area cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintenance of equipment in accordance with QC standards.
Desirable Skills, Competencies & Experience
- Be self–motivated.
- Be a team player and a good communicator.
- Be aware of safety issues and quality systems.
- Full Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship and recognised practical qualifications.
- Experience in build of diesel engine/electric motor driven pump units would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience in a project build environment.
- Be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be available for international travel if required.
- Hold a full car driving licence.
The salary for the Mechanical Fitter role is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. The closing date for applications is 21 July 2023. To apply email your CV to email@example.com or complete the form below.