This role has been filled.
We have an opportunity for a Financial Controller to join our established and friendly finance team at Calder. This full-time, permanent role involves managing a small finance team, producing monthly accounts, and improving financial processes. Ideal for someone with project accounting experience, the successful candidate will enjoy generous benefits and a supportive work environment.
- Full time, permanent.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Income protection.
- Life assurance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Production and presentation of monthly management accounts for review and preparation of Group reports.
- Day-to-day management and development of a small finance team ensuring efficient processes and procedures are place for a high performing function.
- Ensure that the company’s financial procedures are correctly followed.
- Reviewing of the current financial processes/reporting and improving where possible.
- Oversee and review preparation of all reports for annual audit, including R&D tax claim.
- Oversee annual stocktake procedure and reconciliation of results to accounts.
- Assist with the production and analysis of annual budgets including cost of sales, overheads and capex etc.
- Oversee and review of monthly Project Cost reporting, including stock movements.
- Weekly cashflow forecasting and cash management including monitoring of Debtors and Creditors.
- Monthly/quarterly review of balance sheet accounts including WIP, prepayments and accruals.
- Responsibility for petty cash and foreign currency, and control of credit cards.
- Daily monitoring of banking accounts.
- Working Knowledge of Import and Export Procedure.
- Main point of contact for HMRC regarding VAT.
- Supervision of general office duties that include telephones, office cleaning, stationery, backup support for spares sales quotations and parts shipping.
- Preparation and overseeing of insurance renewal and reporting.
- Liaise with overseas companies linked to Calder operations e.g. Middle East and Norway.
- Main contact for outsourced IT support and responsible for fault finding minor IT issues.
- Responsible for ensuring company systems affecting financial reporting are maintained.
- Responsibility for monthly payroll and all associated annual reports.
- Administration of the personnel related procedures including pensions, medical insurance, PHI, and life assurance.
- System administration of the company’s networked office computing system and software. To include selection, procurement, installation, implementation and operation of new systems and software.
- Strong leadership skills and willing to give additional input as and when required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be keen to contribute to the profitability of the business.
- Be able to improve the efficiency of the business.
- Eye for detail and passion for process and efficiency improvements.
- Flexible in the face of conflicting priorities.
- Thorough, consistent, diligent and confidential.
- Versatile yet organised.
- IT skills conversant with MS Windows and Office packages.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting and legal practices and their influence on the company’s development.
- Proven experience of working at Financial Controller or Finance Manager.
- Working knowledge of XRL for reporting.
- Proven knowledge of overseeing Project Costing environments.
- Up to date practical knowledge of networked computer systems.
- Experience of importing and exporting procedures.
- CIMA/ACCA qualification or equivalent.
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.