HPHT Wash Water Skids – build progressing well
30th May 2022
HPHT Wash Water Skids
A leading Aberdeen company ordered two wash water pump packages for operation in a HPHT (high-pressure/high-temperature) offshore location. These pump skids have gone through our engineering and design process, and are now well into the build process in the workshop.
HPHT Wash Water Skids – build progressing well
Starting with the base frame, build started. The pump and motor were fitted and aligned. Then each unit received its spherical resonator and we used 3D design to ensure the pipe spools were a perfect fit. The mechanical team are finishing off and the electrical team are gearing up for their work.
Once complete, the units will be wheeled into the test bay for thourough F.A.T. testing. Lastly, we will conduct pre-delivery inspections before despatch.
Baseframe – Fabrication, Painting and Arrival
Projects often feel like they are really coming alive when the baseframe is completed and assembly begins. As is typical for our process pump skids, these baseframes have been subject to strict weld procedures, non-destructive examination procedures and load testing. The design underwent FEA analysis to ensure structural integrity. This analysis was backed up using traditional methods. Following fabrication and painting, they arrived on the shop floor.
The Pumps Arrive
This Hammelmann HDP 400 series unit will pump over 200 litres per minute of seawater at a pressure above 600 bar. Powering the pump will be a fixed-speed, fan-cooled electric motor.
Coupling manufacturers recommend maximum tolerances on alignment of rotating equipment. However, we typically work to less than half the recommended tolerance. In order to achieve these greater levels of accuracy, we use the latest laser alignment equipment. This, coupled with the experience our build teams possess, ensures our stringent pump/motor alignment requirements are achieved.
For most of our pump packages, we use shaft-to-shaft couplings. This eliminates the side loads frequently experienced with belt drives. We generally opt for a flexible membrane coupling as shown in the picture.
One advantage of flexible membrane couplings is the enhanced reliability they offer. Another huge advantage they have over other coupling designs is their easy separation for commissioning and maintenance. The coupling has a central spacer. During maintenance, this spacer is removed allowing rotation of the pump and/or motor without disturbing their alignment. Thus, on re-assembly, no re-alignment is necessary.
The couplings we use adhere to international standards. The coupling on this pump skid is manufactured to the enhanced requirements of API 671. It is also ATEX compliant
Why do we Use Resonators?
Resonators minimise pressure pulsations and we use them on the suction and discharge lines. The spherical design has two significant advantages over traditional bladder type dampers. Firstly, they are maintenance free. Secondly, they require no pre-charge. This means they can operate across the unit’s full operating pressure range without need for adjustment. The resonator design is checked using Finite Element Analysis to ensure the resonator meets our customer’s requirements in relation to torsional analysis, explosion-related blast cases, and seismic loads.
3D Scanning of Pump Skids
We had full 3D scans created of each unit. This allowed the pipe spools to be fabricated right first time. There are many uses for 3D scanning of pump skids. With our experience of designing pump packages for space- and access-limited locations on offshore platforms and FPSOs, having an accurate 3D scan is always a useful option.
More about these HPHT Wash Water Pump Skids
The process pipework is Duplex stainless steel. A suction damper (fitted with skid-edge charging point and gas side safety valve) and resonator are fitted to achieve the required pulsation limits. The lube oil system includes twin independent lube oil pumps, twin oil filters, and plate heat exchanger. A temperature control valve is included for low temperature starting.
The units will also feature a vibration monitoring system, pump crosshead temperature monitoring, motor bearing temperature monitoring, suction pressure transmitter, lube oil temperature and pressure transmitters, and a fire and gas detection system. These liquid injection pump units will be skid mounted and will have a stainless steel environmental, acoustic enclosure.
The platform has space restrictions from lay-down point to final position. The design is modular to allow site movement and final position re-assembly.
- ONS 2022 – we’ll be there!
- New customer benefits from the Calder complete life-cycle philosophy
- Video case study – pump skid for existing platform
- Dry dock time reduced using high pressure water
- Repeat order for an offshore, DNV 2.7-2 vacuum unit
- Civil engineering company finds a better way to clean formwork
- New Purchasing Manager
- Manufacturer to replace chemical cleaning with high pressure water
- We are forty – photo album
- New Operations Manager
- 150 offshore MultiJets manufactured
- Repeat order for Fast Fill Pressure Test Cabin
- David Abbatiello Retires
- Returning customer orders electric pump skid
- Calder is forty years old!
- Further success for our OffshoreLITE range
- Lee Watkins appointed Managing Director
- Rupert Knowles appointed Head of Engineering
- ATEX Zone 1 hot water jetting unit ready for despatch
- High Above the Streets of London
- Work starts on two hot water jetting units for ATEX Zone 1 operation.
- Order for Aquaculture high pressure pump units.
- The Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project – Hydrodemolition
- Calder to Build Pressure Equalisation Pump for BP Hod.
- NQA Recertification.
- Despatch of ATEX and NORSOK Waterjetting Pump and Vacuum Units.
- Remote Factory Acceptance Test
- We are delighted to welcome Nick Croad to the team.
- Covid 19 – We are still open and operating.
- Over 40 pumps purchased in ten years.
- Order for HPHT Wash Water Skid.
- Veolia orders high pressure pump unit for industrial cleaning applications.
- Returning customer orders a complete surface preparation system
- High pressure pump unit for subsea tool applications
- Malt Screen Wash Pump Despatched for the Brewing Industry
- Customer Adds to Their Fleet of Calder Pump Units
- Yet another order secured for our HPHT and base oil washdown packages.
- Ammlee Group blasts almost 70m³ of concrete from Belfast Harbour with Calder MultiJet
- Work starts on ATEX and NORSOK Waterjetting Pump and Vacuum Units
- Design starts on two MEG Injection packages for FPSO
- Work starts on five chemical injection packages
- One-size-fits-all TST kit
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Six Hydro Jetting Pump Units for Plant Maintenance Company in Middle East
- Two electrically powered, high pressure, pump units ready for GA Drilling
- Work Starts on Oxy Scavenger Injection Pump for Offshore, ATEX Zone 2 Environment
- GOST/RTN-compliant cuttings re-injection units.
- Washdown pump skids designed and manufactured in accordance with CSA and CRN requirements.
- Nuclear washdown skid
- Pressure equalisation pump unit for Valhall Flank West
- Shell take collection of a lightweight, compact, hydraulically driven, high pressure chemical injection package
- Large order for Johan Sverdrup highlights the benefits of the PG/Calder relationship
- Energy company orders a lightweight, compact, hydraulically driven, high pressure chemical injection package
- Hammelmann High Pressure Technology Symposium
- Lightweight units to suit the needs of the offshore industry
- A fleet of lightweight, compact air compressors for hazardous environment operation
- MEG Injection pump package with twin variable stroke pumps
- Work starts on MEG pump package for the Nova tie-back to Gjøa Project
- Final checks for this robust offshore unit
- Work Starts on Pump Unit for Subsea Coatings Removal
- More power for Middle East petrochemical customers
- BOP testing system en route to drillship
- Venetian Bridge, Clacton Selective concrete removal, paint removal, and concrete preparation
- Billy Campbell – New Industrial Sales Manager.
- Retirement for Julian – a new chapter begins.
- Downhole chemical injection unit for hydrate control during well start-up operations.
- SafeContractor approved for our food and automotive industry work.
- A new MultiJet and “the largest concrete repair project …”
- Drillship BOP Test System
- High ambient temp. vacuum for FPSO waste recovery
- …making excellence a habit ™
- Variable Stroke Methanol Injection Skid
- Investors in People – Silver Award
- Outstanding Vendor Award
- Offshore Europe 2017
- New Recruit for Service Team
- Tier IV Waterjet Trailer Unit for Automotive Work
- A Visit to Downing Street
- Calder recognised in fourth edition of London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ report.
- Customer Very Happy with New External Tube Bundle Cleaner
- Waterjet Pump Units for Nuclear Decontamination
- Work Starts on a Compact, Twin, Variable Stroke Methanol Pump Skid
- Another successful exhibition in Busan
- 2 x HPHT Methanol Injection Packages Despatched to North Sea Customer
- MultiVac DNV 2.7-2 Compliant Vacuum Unit – Designed, Built, Tested, and Despatched
- New Calder Stage 4/Tier IV High Pressure Water Jetting Trailer Unit
- Lightweight Offshore Pump Package for Well Service Customer
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) Exhibition in Stavanger, Norway
- Verify certification with good scores
- New Markets for High Pressure Pumps – Aquaculture
- Offshore Arabia 2016
- Calder recognised as “Company to Inspire Britain” in annual LSEG report
- PG Flow Solutions Product Training
- Augean Purchase Onshore and Offshore Ultra-High Pressure Units
- Calder Launch BundlePro Range
- PG Flow Solutions and Calder join forces
- The Parliamentary Review – A Year In Perspective
- Offshore Europe 2015 exhibition – decommissioning talking point
- Zone II High Pressure Jetting Package with NORSOK Option Module
- Celebrating 30 Years of Service
- 1,800 kW Waste Injection Package
- Lightweight Compact Offshore Vacuum Package
- Self-contained Well Intervention Package en route to Aberdeen
- UK Concrete Show, Birmingham, UK
- Four Air-driven Pneumatic Chemical Injection Packages for North Sea Platform
- 6 weeks to design, manufacture and test a chemical injection pump package
- Offshore Korea Exhibition
- Calder Delivers Containerised High Flow Zone II Jetting Unit
- Versatile Jetters for Offshore Well Abandonment
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) Exhibition in Stavanger, Norway
- NORSOK, DNV Compliant Well Service Pump Packages for Offshore Norway
- BSI Award
- Site Trailer High Pressure Jetting Unit
- Design Solution in a Tank
- Multi-purpose High Pressure Well Service Package
- Hazardous Area Pump Package for Unmanned Platform
- Hazardous Area High Temperature Washdown Unit
- Calder recognised as “Company to Inspire Britain” in new LSEG report
- A successful show and a purchase order to boot!
- Fisher Offshore
- Atex ZONE 1 Hot Wash
- Heli-portable well service units
- Sabre Jetting of Birmingham
- Progressive Technical Services back Calder’s MultiJet
- Veolia Environmental Services expand their Calder fleet
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) Energy Fair, Conference and Exhibition in Stavanger, Norway
- Hydro Demolition Units
- Methanol Injection Package for Norwegian Well Intervention Vessel
- UK Sector Offshore- Chemical Injection Packages
- Lord Jones of Birmingham opens new Calder manufacturing facility.
- Calder calls for school leavers to be better equipped for the world of work.