Our range of ultra high pressure waterjetting units are ideally suited to hydrodemolition applications. This, coupled with our range of hydrodemolition accessories, ensures we can supply you with the complete package.
Hydrodemolition allows the safe, selective removal of concrete using ultra high pressure water. There are myriad reasons for using hydrodemolition equipment including: no damage to rebar, no damage to underlying structure (no microcracks), ability to access confined work spaces, and increased productivity over traditional techniques.
We are members of the Water Jetting Association.
- Operator friendly – vastly reduced vibrations. No vibration white fingers.
- Environmentally acceptable – noise and dust dramatically reduced.
- Creates super bond between old and new concrete.
- Selective removal, removes damaged concrete. Leaves sound concrete.
- Rebar is undamaged.
- Surrounding concrete is not damaged.
- Creates no micro cracks.
- Creates super bonding.
- Rough surface – good bond.
- Bond strength more than 1,5-2,0 Mpa.
- Selective removal.
- Reinforcement not damaged.
- Good operator environment.
- Long lasting repair.
- Creates micro cracks.
- Surface with cracks – poor bonding.
- Bond strength less than 1,0 Mpa.
- Non-selective removal removes the good as well as the bad concrete.
- Rebar is damaged.
- Causes damage/injury to the operators.
- Repaired concrete will fail again much sooner.
Sweden was the first country to use hydrodemolition technology. Due to the large quantities of salt used to de-ice bridges, they needed a method of concrete removal that had these qualities:
- Selective removal – remove the bad and leave the good concrete.
- Rough surface – to achieve a good bonding surface.
- No micro cracks – cracks are a non-bonding surface.
- Clean surface – dust and dirt affect bonding.